Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World wants to see Indo-Pak play: Saqlain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT + 3 Hours World wants to see Indo-Pak play: Saqlain

Post by Zeba Khan Hoti Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:05 pm

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan spin legend Saqlain Mushtaq, believes that the rival of Indo-Pak cricket series will be great as the entire world wants to see India and Pakistan play for the sheer passion the players show.

There are talks that Indo-Pak cricket could be revived with India hosting a series in February-March 2012.

“I personally feel that India and Pakistan should start a series on the lines of Ashes. But lets wait for the ties to resume first," Mushtaq said.

Talking about Indian team's performance on the England tour, Mushtaq said, 'It was the failure of the team and you cannot just blame the spinners. You didn't have runs on the board and, in such scenario, the spinners can’t gamble".

“The conditions were pacer-friendly and, as one saw, it was the pacers who did the trick for the hosts. So I don't think it would be right to blame the spinners alone,"
Mushtaq said that he thinks India's performance in England was an overall failure and no specific department should be blamed. "The injuries made things worse for India as they could not field a full-strength. I am sure that if India did not have injury problems, the outcome would have been different.

In fact, I am sure that things will be different when England visits India next month. India should have all their players fit and the conditions will also favour them," he said.
Zeba Khan Hoti
Zeba Khan Hoti
Monstars
Monstars

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top