Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sania, Shoaib in loyalty battle on Indo-Pak 'war'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT - 11 Hours Sania, Shoaib in loyalty battle on Indo-Pak 'war'

Post by Admin Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NEW DELHI: A mini-battle of loyalty is simmering between star couple Sania Mirza and Shoaib Malik as India gear to take on Pakistan in a high-voltage World Cup semi-final clash next week.

Sania, India's top-ranked women's tennis player, will be rooting for her country despite her marriage to former Pakistan cricket captain Shoaib Malik.

"I support India and Shoaib will support Pakistan as usual! The war is on," Sania wrote on her Twitter account from Miami where she is taking part in a WTA event.

India booked a last-four World Cup berth against their arch-rivals after beating defending champions Australia by five wickets in the quarter-final in Ahmedabad on Thursday.

Pakistan made the semi-finals with a 10-wicket mauling on West Indies the day before.

Sania, 24, married Shoaib in Hyderabad in April last year amid a lot of hype surrounding the love-struck cross-border sport stars.

Sania said she would have loved to catch the semi-final action in Mohali next Wednesday but for her professional commitments.

"The last time they played in Mohali I watched the match live. What a semi-final on the line. Wish I could be there," read another tweet from the tennis star.

Shoaib and Sania's sporting marriage is unprecedented in the perennial rivalry between the South Asian nations, and some right-wing Hindu groups in India had denounced the union, accusing Sania of betraying her country.
Admin
Admin
Y-Nots!
Y-Nots!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top