Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hid wife in hotel room cupboard, reveals Saqlain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT + 3 Hours I hid wife in hotel room cupboard, reveals Saqlain

Post by Noor Bangash Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KARACHI: Former Pakistan spin bowler Saqlain Mushtaq revealed Wednesday he smuggled his wife into his hotel room and hid her in a cupboard the day before the 1999 World Cup final in London.

"It was a double trouble for all of us because the management had barred us from keeping our wives with us and on the other hand people accused us of going out with girls, so I breached the code by asking my wife to stay with me," Saqlain said.

"My wife Sana was with me in the room when the management decided to have a check on the players whether they were in the room or not, so I had to lock Sana in the cupboard, but I had to do that otherwise I would have been punished."

Saqlain was one of the top off-spinners in his prime and was credited with inventing the "doosra" -- a delivery which spins the opposite way from normal off-spin.

Saqlain said he was forced to keep his wife with him as a lot of people accused the Pakistani players of going out with girls.

"At one point of time my wife, because she was with me in the hotel during the World Cup, saved me from a group of women who was alleging that they saw me with another girl, so keeping wife in the hotel came out to be a blessing," he said.

Pakistan coach Waqar Younis has admitted worries over bowler Shoaib Akhtar's poor form ahead of the 2011 World Cup that has left the team's pace attack without a spearhead.

But Saqlain said the tournament was open and any of the top six teams could lift the trophy.

"My prayers are always with Pakistan which is a very dangerous team, but any of the top six teams can win the trophy," said Saqlain, 34. (AFP)

Noor Bangash
Noor Bangash
Monstars
Monstars

Aquarius Horse
Disagree

Character sheet
Experience:
I hid wife in hotel room cupboard, reveals Saqlain Left_bar_bleue500/500I hid wife in hotel room cupboard, reveals Saqlain Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

GMT + 3 Hours Re: I hid wife in hotel room cupboard, reveals Saqlain

Post by Noor Bangash Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Noor Bangash
Noor Bangash
Monstars
Monstars

Aquarius Horse
Disagree

Character sheet
Experience:
I hid wife in hotel room cupboard, reveals Saqlain Left_bar_bleue500/500I hid wife in hotel room cupboard, reveals Saqlain Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top