Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone battery stops bullet, saves life

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT - 11 Hours Phone battery stops bullet, saves life

Post by Maryam Mirza Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ATLANTA: A Georgia man literally owes his life to his cell phone when it managed to shield him from a bullet aimed at his chest.

"The battery's what stopped the bullet. And it only hit the very corner. I mean if it would have been right here, it'd have been a different story," said John Garber, as he held up the now ruined battery pack that saved his life.

Garber, who has worked as a valet for six years, was helping a customer into his car at a lounge when the shots were fired.

"The shots occurred and actually had one go in through the back, left side of my coat, come up through my coat, and hit my phone, which was placed on my left chest," Garber said.

Atlanta police arrested two brothers in the shooting, Timothy and Desmond Wright, and believe Desmond fired the shots from either a 40 caliber or 9 millimeter handgun.

Garber remembered hearing five shots.

"Most everybody ran back into the club, and at that point, I started checking myself to make sure I had not been hit. Because, like I said, I felt the bullet go through my jacket, but couldn't feel a wound. And thank God there wasn't one," Garber said.

His employer is paying to replace his cell phone.
Maryam Mirza
Maryam Mirza
Monstars
Monstars

Libra Goat

Character sheet
Experience:
Phone battery stops bullet, saves life Left_bar_bleue500/500Phone battery stops bullet, saves life Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top