Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon would be biggest win, says Sharapova

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT - 11 Hours Wimbledon would be biggest win, says Sharapova

Post by Admin Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LONDON: Maria Sharapova will consider a second Wimbledon title as her biggest achievement as the Russian superstar hunts a fourth Grand Slam crown.

Sharapova made her breakthrough with a Wimbledon triumph in 2004, a victory which catapulted her on the road to a multi-million dollar fortune, the world number one spot as well as further Grand Slam titles at the US Open (2006) and the Australian Open (2008).

But her career suffered a major setback with a shoulder injury which kept her off the tour from August 2008 to May 2009.

A run to the French Open semi-finals earlier this month, which had been preceded by a trophy in Rome, has convinced her that she is as strong as ever.

"I said that if I could win another Grand Slam, it would mean more than the previous ones that I have just because before the injury everything was kind of moving up," said Sharapova.

"You naturally woke up, you went to practice, and then all of a sudden one day it was kind of taken away from you.

"When you get back, you basically start from zero. It's a long process. If I do achieve that, if it's here, if it's somewhere else, I think it would be my biggest achievement in my career."
Admin
Admin
Y-Nots!
Y-Nots!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top