Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senator Corker calls for reviewing relations with Pakistan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT + 3 Hours Senator Corker calls for reviewing relations with Pakistan

Post by Rao Muhammad Aftab Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WASHINGTON: Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Senator Bob Corker believes that the discovery and killing of Osama bin Laden in Abottabad, has provided the United States with a ‘relationship-changing opportunity’ to reassess its dealings with Pakistan and perhaps Afghanistan.

In an interview published Tuesday, Corker expressed some of his strongest skepticism to date about the direction of the war in Afghanistan.

‘If you travel through Afghanistan, and you talk to our military leaders, they're unbelievably frustrated, because they're fighting a war in a country where our enemies are not’, said Corker. "And on the other hand we're providing aid to a country where our enemies are. To me, and this is what I really pressed hard in this last hearing on, this is where our focus needs to be."

"Our men and women in uniform, I hold them in highest esteem in carrying out their mission, but much of what they're fighting there is just criminality," added Corker.

"I mean, one of the areas I was in, there was a prison nearby, there was about 1500 folks locked up there, and only 80 of them were extremists. The other 1420 were there because of criminality. So much of what our soldiers are fighting there is criminality.’
Rao Muhammad Aftab
Rao Muhammad Aftab
Monstars
Monstars

Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum