Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's over for Kadafi: foreign minister

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT + 3 Hours It's over for Kadafi: foreign minister

Post by Rao Muhammad Aftab Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LONDON: Muammar Kadafi's foreign minister was quoted on Wednesday as saying Libya's civil war was virtually over and urged Kadafi loyalists to stop fighting.

Asked in an interview with Britain's Channel 4 News if the conflict was finished, Abdelati Obeidi said: "Yes, this is my feeling."

"If I am in charge, I would tell them to lay down their arms," he said, referring to fighters loyal to Muammar Kadafi.

Asked if he knew where Kadafi was, he said: "No. No. No."

Obeidi was talking via telephone from a house in Tripoli, Channel 4 said.

He said he was not in touch with many other government ministers but did not fear for his safety and hinted he might be able to play some role in the future of Libya. He did not indicate whether he had quit his role in government.

"They (the rebels) have a good idea about me, they know me," he said. "I am sure they will not harm me or my family. On the contrary, I feel when things are quiet we can speak to each other."

Last month, Obeidi visited Moscow seeking a peaceful resolution to the conflict which would involve all Libyans . On Wednesday, he said a negotiated settlement was highly unlikely.

"It looks that, you know, things have passed this kind of solution," he said.

"What I am worried about is law and order and the stability of the people. I hope those people (rebels) are all Libyans and they are not foreign - they are not occupiers - and people in our country try to mend these injuries and go over this crisis and start their responsibilities. They are responsible for the country." (Reuters)
Rao Muhammad Aftab
Rao Muhammad Aftab
Monstars
Monstars

Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top