Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gayle claims he was forced to skip Pak series

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT - 11 Hours Gayle claims he was forced to skip Pak series

Post by Admin Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 pm

BANGALORE: Former West Indies captain Chris Gayle claims his decision to play in Indian Premier League and miss national team's cricket series against Pakistan arises from his perceived ill-treatment from West Indies Cricket Board.

Gayle was left out of initial part of one Twenty20 and five match one-day series against Pakistan due to an abdominal injury, but elected to skip the entire series and sign with Royal Challengers Bangalore, claiming it was due to a dispute with WICB and because experienced teammates Ramnaresh Sarwan & Shivnarine Chanderpaul were left out of squad.

"I was actually forced to make this decision based on what was happening around me and based on what has happened to current players Sarwan and Chanderpaul," Gayle said on KLAS Sports Radio in Jamaica.

"I wanted to play and I wanted to represent West Indies. I didn't know what the future held. Two games can play, guys do well, Chris Gayle still will be sitting out."

The 31-year-old Gayle, unsigned at IPL auction last January, was on Tuesday snapped up by Royal Challengers Bangalore to replace injured Australian fast bowler, Dirk Nannes.

WICB issued him No Objection Certificate, but issued a media release critical of Gayle's choice.
Admin
Admin
Y-Nots!
Y-Nots!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top