Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texting can be partial grounds for divorce

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT - 11 Hours Texting can be partial grounds for divorce

Post by Nilofer Bugti Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SEOUL: Sending romantic text messages to someone other than your spouse can be partial grounds for a divorce, a South Korean court has ruled.

The Seoul Family Court Monday granted a divorce to a 62-year-old woman who complained that her husband sent messages like "I love you" and "I've missed you so bad" to another woman for months.

A court spokesman confirmed media reports of the case.

The court also ordered the husband, who was previously the subject of a restraining order for assaulting his wife, to pay her 50 million won (44,000 dollars) as well as half of the family property.

"Given the contents of text messages he exchanged with another woman, it is believed that he was involved in affairs," the court said in a statement.

But the spokesman said the court still needs more evidence, other than mere romantic text messages, to show that a relationship has irreversibly broken down.

In a separate case the court granted a divorce suit filed by a man who caught his wife exchanging texts like "I love you" and "Good night, sweetie" with her boss.

The court ruled the wife had been involved in an affair and ordered her to pay the husband 10 million won.
Nilofer Bugti
Nilofer Bugti
Monstars
Monstars

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum