Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anna Hazare ends his fast, nation jubilates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT + 3 Hours Anna Hazare ends his fast, nation jubilates

Post by Maryam Mirza Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm

NEW DELHI: Anna Hazare ended his fast on the 13th day, Sunday morning before thousands of cheering supporters at Ramlila Maidan.

Simran, a five-year-old girl from a village called Sundar Nagri in west Delhi helped Anna Hazare break his fast, who has been fasting since 12 days. Anna broke his fast by having honey and coconut water.

Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal said that Anna would be taken to hospital for 2-3 days after he breaks his fast. "He has not been eating since the past 12 days, he has to be closely checked and monitored," said Balram Gupta, a member of Naresh Trehan's team. He might remain in the hospital for a couple of days due to his deteriorating health condition, he added.

Kejriwal said that he was thankful to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, parliamentarians and all the political leaders for unanimously adopting the resolution after a whole day of discussion. He also thanked the people of the country and people of Indian origin abroad for extending their support.

"We are thankful to Dr Naresh Trehan and his team from Medantacity for constant vigil and closely observing Anna Hazare's health. We are also thankful to media who have supported this cause.

"We did not have any funds but it was only due to your generosity and donations that we could achieve all this. We are also very thankful to officials of MCD, Delhi Jal Board, Delhi Police and Delhi mayor. I would also like to mention that all the officials of Delhi Police and Tihar Jail served us very well. Anna never felt he was in a jail. Lastly, we are very thankful to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and all his activists and workers of Art of Living who united for this cause."

History was made in Parliament on Saturday when the two Houses bowed to Anna Hazare's campaign, powered by a groundswell of popular support, for a strong and independent Lokpal.

The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha unanimously resolved that the Standing Committee would consider Anna's three demands - including the lower bureaucracy in the Lokpal's purview, a central law for creating Lok Ayuktas in states and a citizen's charter for government departments providing public service. This finally paved the way for Anna's 12-day fast to end.

Around 4,000 people stayed overnight at the protest venue while hundreds of others arrived early in the morning.

"I started at around 5 am as I wanted to ensure that I could be in the front row, so that I could witness Anna breaking his fast," said 37-year-old Ramesh Kumar, a resident of Ghaziabad who claims to be a die-hard Anna supporter.

There is a festive atmosphere at the ground, as people are singing and dancing to the tune of drums and celebrating "victory" of Hazare.

Another supporter Vijay Gupta, who had come along with his family from Lucknow said, he was "happy to be part of history in making."

"I am extremely happy that the government has conceded to the demand of Anna Hazare, the corruption is affecting everybody in the society and we want a very strong Lokpal Bill," he said amid chanting of slogans.

Meanwhile, heavy deployment of police personnel has been made in and around the venue.

People are hoisting flags and chanting slogans making the atmosphere festive and jubilant.

Demanding passing of Jan Lokpal Bill by the Parliament, Hazare went on fast from August 16.
Maryam Mirza
Maryam Mirza
Monstars
Monstars

Libra Goat

Character sheet
Experience:
Anna Hazare ends his fast, nation jubilates Left_bar_bleue500/500Anna Hazare ends his fast, nation jubilates Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

GMT + 3 Hours Re: Anna Hazare ends his fast, nation jubilates

Post by Nilofer Bugti Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:31 pm

keep it up, nice sharing[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nilofer Bugti
Nilofer Bugti
Monstars
Monstars

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top