VU Youth Parliament is a platform through which university is intended to give opportunity to its young students (ages between 18 to 35) to come forward and share their view points on every aspect concerned with our country’s administrative, social, political, legal and financial concerns. This will make them active member of the society for bringing positive changes in it. The aim behind developing this society is to make VU youth realize how their minor positive thoughts or actions can make significant constructive changes in the whole community.
VU Youth Parliament is a non-political medium where not only various online discussions and surveys will be held for students to obtain their viewpoints on various issues; but also practical mock assembly sessions will be conducted for future leadership training and understanding of the parliamentary procedures & practices without indulging in partisan and practical activities. This will help students to observe and improve their level of understanding pertaining to country’s affairs, democracy, education, self-motivation, leadership and so on.
The specific objectives of the VU Youth Parliament are:
- To develop character and moral strength of the youth.
- To inculcate and foster leadership, citizenship and ability for governance in youth.
- To nurture tolerance, moderation, ingenuity and self-reliance in the youth.
- To encourage and talk about issues relevant to society, community and country.
- To encourage students for decision-making through consensus.
- To motivate students to take part in various surveys and give their opinions.
- To debate matters of national and international concern in a supportive model environment.
- Lectures/workshops for students will be arranged to educate them about different issues of high concern and to prepare them for parliament simulation sessions.
- Discussion forums on various topics will be opened and later topics will be finalized to be presented in a model parliament session.
- Students’ committees and groups will be developed region-wise as per the registered members of the society.
- Online surveys will be conducted for various events and issues to obtain students’ viewpoint.
- Parliament simulation sessions will be conducted to develop student’s understanding regarding actual parliament procedures and practices.
- Other miscellaneous activities can also be conducted in coordination with other societies like arranging walks, publishing students’ articles in VU Bytes and publishing news regarding society in VU News.
VU Youth Parliament
M.A. Jinnah Campus, Defence Road, Off Raiwind Road, Lahore, Pakistan.
Posts : 632
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 29
Location : OnLion