Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I add an international contact's phone number?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT - 2 Hours How do I add an international contact's phone number?

Post by modi Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:41 am

Summary:

For international numbers: Check to make sure the number is in the proper format, using the country search tool below to find country codes and to see example phone numbers.
    Did you mean to add a local (in country) number instead? For local numbers: Enter the phone number as if you were calling your friend on the phone.
  • Not sure how to add a friend to WhatsApp? Read this article.
Details:
When adding a contact's international number to your phone address book, start with a plus sign (+). Then, write the country code, followed by the full phone number. For example the US number 123-4567 in area code 408 would be written as +14081234567. (1 is the country code). Make sure to remove any leading 0's or any special calling codes.
Please check below to find out how to enter a phone number for a specific country.

Special note for certain countries
To add your friend in the UK with the phone number 07981555555, you would:

1. Add a plus to the beginning.
  2. Add the country code.
  3. Enter the phone number, leaving out the leading 0.
  4. In the end, the number would be +447981555555.
All Argentinian mobile numbers (+54) should have a 9 between the country code and area code. The prefix 15 must also be removed. The final phone number will have 13 digits total: +54 9 xxx xxx xxxx
Mexican numbers need to have a 1 after +52, even if they are Nextel numbers.
If you are still having trouble finding your contact, contact us with your number, and your contact's number. Remember to write it exactly as you have it saved in your phone.
Cheers,
WhatsApp Support Team
modi
modi
Monstars
Monstars

Virgo Cat
Sporty

Character sheet
Experience:
How do I add an international contact's phone number? Left_bar_bleue0/500How do I add an international contact's phone number? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/500)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top