Thanks
Admin virtual position

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Virtual Position Forum
Please register to watch content in detail
Thanks
Admin virtual position
Virtual Position Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaneria frustrated at court delays

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT + 3 Hours Kaneria frustrated at court delays

Post by Zeba Khan Hoti Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KARACHI: Former Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria hit out Tuesday against another court-room delay putting back his bid to revive an international career embroiled in a spot-fixing scandal.

A court on Tuesday again adjourned his appeal against the Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) failure to clear him of fixing allegations. The new date set for the hearing in Sindh High Court in Karachi is October 20.

Kaneria and fellow Essex bowler Mervyn Westfield were arrested last year on charges of spot-fixing during a Pro40 one-day match against Durham in 2009.

Kaneria was later released without charge but Westfield faces criminal proceedings, prompting the PCB not to clear Kaneria for national selection.

"I am frustrated at the delay which has kept me from playing," Kaneria said. "I don't know why the PCB is delaying the case."

Kaneria said there was no proof against him."When there is no proof against me why is the PCB not clearing me? It's mental torture. Is it because I am from Karachi or because I have a different religion?" said Kaneria, only the second Hindu to play for Pakistan.

PCB legal adviser Taffazul Rizvi said the board would now write to Britain's Crown Prosecution Service with Kaniera's consent to ask for details of the British investigation.
"Kaneria was arrested so there were allegations against him and the PCB wants the transcript or the tapes of the investigation," Rizvi said.

Kaneria, who has chalked up 61 Tests and 18 one-days for Pakistan, has not played internationally since being dropped on tour in England last year.

The court delay means Kaneria will not be able to feature in Pakistan's three-Test series against Sri Lanka next month to be played in the United Arab Emirates. Pakistan also play five one-day and a Twenty20 against Sri Lanka.

Despite an international ban, Kaneria is allowed to play at home. He is leading a Karachi side in the ongoing Twenty20 tournament in Karachi.(AFP)
Zeba Khan Hoti
Zeba Khan Hoti
Monstars
Monstars

Back to top Go down

GMT + 3 Hours Re: Kaneria frustrated at court delays

Post by Maryam Mirza Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maryam Mirza
Maryam Mirza
Monstars
Monstars

Libra Goat

Character sheet
Experience:
Kaneria frustrated at court delays Left_bar_bleue500/500Kaneria frustrated at court delays Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum