Eligibility Criteria (Phase-IV&V)-Ongoing
- The applicant must have a valid CNIC/ B-Form number.
- Must be valid student as of closing date for application submission i.e. September 30, 2017.
- Students enrolled till September 30, 2017 but not earlier than their respective program duration as per the table below:
*Only Students enrolled in colleges located in FATA and Islamabad Capital Territory Region
- Students studying in public sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes duly recognized by HEC.
- Students enrolled in PhD/ MS/ MPhil or equivalent 18 year program
- Students enrolled in 1 or 2-year Masters degree program (morning and evening)
- Student enrolled in 4-year or 5-year Bachelor degree program (morning and evening)
- Students studying as distant learner in Virtual University of Pakistan or Allama Iqbal Open University.
- Students studying in government degree or postgraduate colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Students of degree colleges of other provinces may be covered from respective provincial arrangements (if any)
- Students' eligibility and enrolment status as defined above shall be determined on the day of distribution of laptops at the HEI.
- Criteria for Students enrolled in distance learning program at VU and AIOU, and students of polytechnic institutes of Pakistan and AJK shall be defined in coordination with respective universities/ boards and will be updated accordingly.
- No laptop shall be issued to those who have availed in the past from such initiative(s) taken by the government or by the higher education institute.
Please Note: Following students will NOT be eligible for laptops under this scheme:
- Students of any private sector higher education institutes
- Students of any government degree & postgraduate colleges except of Federal Capital and FATA
- Students who have received a laptop under any Federal or Provincial Government scheme
- Foreign nationals, except students from AJK and Indian Occupied Kashmir
- Any other students not listed above and/ or as identified and decided by the Steering Committee.
Laptops Distribution Criteria for students studying in ICT and GCT Colleges:
- The laptops under the Prime Minister's Laptop Scheme will be awarded on merit to talented students enrolled in Graduate/ Postgraduate Colleges operating under Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) and Government Technical Colleges / Government Vocational Colleges across Pakistan and AJ&K.
- The latest academic performance in examination conducted by relevant board, will be considered for merit list generation.
- Students enrolled in intermediate, graduate/ postgraduate program in any of the degree or post-graduate college of ICT; and in case of GCTs, students enrolled in two year or three year DAE programs will be considered.
- The total quota is 20,000 laptops i.e. 5,000 laptops per year for four years of the scheme (i.e. 2014-15 through 2017-18)
- The quota for graduate/ postgraduate colleges located in ICT is 10,000 i.e. 2,500 laptops per year of the scheme (i.e. 2014-15 & through 2017-18)
- The total number of laptops will be divided to all colleges of ICT and among all GCTs on the basis of number of applicants who applied under Prime Minister's Laptops Scheme, instead of enrollment.
Example: Applicants applied from the college in consideration/ Total No. of applicants applied x Annual Quota
Note: Colleges share shall be calculated separately for ICT and GCTs
- Year wise proportionate allocation will be made as;
- The top meritorious students against allocated quota of each department/ program will considered for award of laptops as per their respective quota
- Any leftover laptops will be adjusted amongst the students as per following:-
- Students of the same college in order of academic performance in same Program level
- Students of the ICTs/ GCTs of same ICT/ province, in order of academic performance.
- The department/discipline wise allocation within college will be made on the basis of applications received.
Applicants applied from a department or discipline/ Total No. of applicants applied from within the college * Calculated Quota for the College
- No laptop will be issued to those who have availed this opportunity in any Government funded schemes.
- The data of the applicants must be verified by Principal/ Vice Principal or his/ her designated official.
The eligibility for laptop award will also be determined at the time of distribution. If student(s) failed to produce the required documents and proof of academic performance, against the data which made him/ her qualified for laptop, he/ she shall not be awarded with laptop.
Laptops Distribution Criteria for students of FATA graduate/ postgraduate Colleges
- The laptops under Prime Minister's Laptop Scheme will be awarded on merit to talented students enrolled in Government graduate and postgraduate colleges located in FATA and FR Regions.
- The latest academic performance in examination conducted by relevant board/ university will be considered for merit list generation
- The laptops will be awarded to Intermediate, Bachelor and Postgraduate level students enrolled as of last date of application submission i.e. September 30, 2017.
- The total quota for Phase IV & V is 5,000 laptops
- The total number of laptops will be divided equally among all FATA (7 Agencies)/ FR Regions (6 Regions) on the basis of constituency. However, leftover laptops will be distributed among FATA students.
- No laptop will be issued to those who have availed this opportunity in any Government of Pakistan funded laptops schemes.
- Year wise proportionate allocation will be made as;